1/31/2010

Voices Rising and Benji's singing Momma...

I'm writing this from my cell phone while listening to Shiela's choir
warm up for tonight's concert. I saw the same program last week and
it was great.. But the sound is awesome in this church.

it's a lot of fun to watch her enjoy this so much. I wish Ben was older
and able to sit through a 2+ hour concert.. He's at home with Aunti
Beck. I wish i could sing... I mean.. I sing a wicked ABC song and
"Run baby run"... But that's the extent of it.

Shiela is so quiet.. Most people don't know that she is a wonderful
pianist. Almost no one knows that she can sing like an angel. to be
honest.. I had never heard her sing.. Not REALLY sing.. Until about two
weeks before the first show when she couldn't get the show out of her
head and was singing the vacuum song all the time.

All of this makes me want to pull my guitar out..

Update: The show was wonderful.. Shiela's small group piece (Swing Low) and her reading of "Housework" from Free to Be You and Me was just spectacular and got a roaring applause from the audience (which filled the church.. yay). I was so proud. I only wish that our moms could have visited from Texas and Kentucky to see it. Maybe next time.. the theme of the next show is Dance. Hehehe.. I'm picturing something out of Glee.. but they will probably just sing songs from Fame and Flashdance... or maybe some Steve Miller.. "Dance, dance, dance". Hmmm.. or "Baby's got Back?"

If you're local.. check out Voices Rising.. it's worth the time... if you're not local.. buy a plane ticket and/or send a donation to the group.. they are looking for a new rehearsal home (I'm tempted to offer our living room.. hell.. we have a piano..)

In other news.. Ben has a fever.. blah!

1 comment:

  1. Wish I was there!! June and I must make some kind of plan to get to hear our wonderfully talented daughter/daughter-in-law!! It must have been great to be able to hear Shiela practice, Jen..I always enjoyed listening to Amy practice her chorus sons!! And I do remember the song "Memories" being a favorite of yours a few(?) years ago..but don't ask Becky how she liked it!! Love to you, Shiela and Ben..I hope, Ben, you are feeling better!!

    ReplyDelete