2/15/2010

Missing friends...

Our friends, Snickollet and her twins, Ya and Ya (Maddie and Riley) moved to Oregon last summer. It was, without question, the best thing for their family. Everyone agrees with this.. but more than 6 months later, we're still sad. I decided to pull together some links from old posts that I wrote about the kids as they started their friendship. It made me laugh.. to remember some of the antics.. wishing I had a pic of the three kids polishing off all the avacado at Ixtapa.. But to actually sit down and write about it makes me cry a couple tears.. one or two.. oh hell.. i've gone through two boxes of tissues.

We met Stacey and the Ya-Ya's on April 1, 2007.. Benjamin's first day at daycare. What we didn't know at the time was that Stacey's husband, John, was in the final stages of pancreatic cancer and would be lost less than two weeks later. We didn't know this couple.. we knew Stacey in passing.. I don't think we knew her name yet. But both Shiela and I heard the news about John and it saddened us for that family and it terrified us for the unknowns for our own family.

I'm not great with making friends.. I'm shy.. I don't talk on the phone. All things that make building a new true friendship quite difficult. What I didn't know is that having kids helps.. and Stacey isn't shy! She also doesn't talk on the phone.. but she's more than comfortable saying "hey.. come over in your pj's and I'll have ice cream and we'll watch american idol after the kids go to bed" (which became a weekly routine for several seasons of the show.)

Money is tight. Time is tight. We haven't been able to see Stacey or the kids since their move. That's not for a lack of trying.. we've tried to sell the cats on Craig's List and no dice. We'll find a way.

I put together a few links to some blog posts that I wrote about some adventures the kids had together back in Boston. Hope you enjoy.








A trip to the farm.


Time in a bottle.


Summer Fun.



This is my favorite.. :)

The Chomp heard around the world.

Miss you guys...

3 comments:

  1. What a great collections of memories!! I wish they lived closer for all of you!! love

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, the CHOMP. I had forgotten about that photo. Crazy Ri-Man.

    We sure miss you. XOXOXO

    ReplyDelete
  3. on your way to see Snick, you better stop in Chi-town!! i know how hard it is too see friends move, especially when there are kid friends and mom friends!!

    ReplyDelete