2/24/2010

I take it all back.. where's the life raft?

Ok.. so change is good. Shiela tells me this.. my therapist (Ken) tells me this.. heck.. he even gave me a handout about it at my session yesterday.. maybe I'll share it later.. it's in the car. It's a hoot.

I would MUCH rather change one item at a time.. with a good space of a year or seven between each change. I'm up to my eyeballs at work trying to "transition" ten years of work to other consultants so they can handle my projects after I leave. Great! This is a fascinating and exciting thing. I also want to kick everyone out of MY office and tell them to get their damned hands off MY work. Hmmmm.. I may have to talk about that with Ken next week.

A bigger concern for me today is that Benji is going under the knife tomorrow. Ok.. I shouldn't have put it that way.. I just had to stand up and walk around my 8'x12' cubicle twice to keep from hyperventilating. Most of my coworkers don't know that I keep a paperbag in my desk for just this type of situation (ok.. I'm kidding.. I keep chocolate in my desk for this type of situation).

I'm nervous about Benji having his tubes put in and his adenoids taken out. We don't think they'll take his tonsils unless she sees some compelling reason to do so once she's in there.. but she's already said that she'd rather not unless he's having issues with sleep apnea, which he isn't. His issue is that his ears hurt and his adenoids are huge.. so we take care of that. I may buy him an iTouch or something.. I must buy him something to make him feel better. We've got ice cream and jello stocked up.. now he just needs expensive toys that he can play with while sitting snuggled on our laps for the next few days.

Ok.. so I'm going to be the one eating the ice cream and needing to snuggle on someone's lap for the next few days. I have the same reaction to the idea of Ben going in for surgery.. don't you dare touch my baby.. ::punch doctor in face::

I wonder if they'll give his hair a trim while he's in there.. it's really getting out of control. red curls are cute.. but the 'fro he's got going is truly chaos.. he's going to look like Shawn White soon.

4 comments:

  1. Poor Benji. good thing is he won't remember a thing. Much more traumatic for you and shiela for sure. text me when it's over.

    Remember when Ash had her surgeries when she was a baby- no memory- yet it shaved 5 years off my life....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet dreams tonight to all!! Text me when it's over, too, so I know how it goes.!! Eat lots of ice cream Jen!! Love you all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay Mommie's! No more expensive toys for Ben (Jennifer) to play with - & too much ice cream isn't good for you. hehehehe I know all about the parents suffe-RING, been there done that. It's NO FUN atall!!! Please don't cut his hair - let him let the beautiful red curls hang...looking like Shawn isn't so bad. Love that angel boy for me...Aww shucks, give one another a big hug from Gramma Jaaym too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That fire red hair is GORGEOUS! What a handsome gent. :)

    ReplyDelete