11/08/2008

Red states...

OMG Y'all.

Y'ALL

my mom just sent me this pic from Kentucky....

This message was sent using the Picture and Video Messaging service from Verizon Wireless!

To learn how you can snap pictures and capture videos with your wireless phone visit www.verizonwireless.com/picture.

To play video messages sent to email, QuickTime� 6.5 or higher is required. Visit www.apple.com/quicktime/download to download the free player or upgrade your existing QuickTime� Player. Note: During the download process when asked to choose an installation type (Minimum, Recommended or Custom), select Minimum for faster download.

4 comments:

  1. You're gonna laugh but....growing up my dad wouldn't allow any Christmas lights during the holidays. As my brother and I got older we convinced him to allow us to at least put up a "Christmas Message" in lights. It said Year1: JESUS LIVES. Year2: Happy Bday JESUS. Year3: NOEL. Year4: nothing. It took us 4 years to get us to break that man and just put up lights w/no message.
    And yeah, you know we NEVER EVER had a Christmas tree either right? That was idolitry.
    See my eyes rolling?
    If I knew you would have gotten such a kick out of that....I would have taken pictures of our window every year. Hmmmm, I wonder if I have some?.......

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I don't think this is just a red state thing. One of my friends works part time as a cake decorator in a supermarket in NY and she said that she loses her mind around Christmas time as she has to decorate a thousand birthday cakes that say "Happy Birthday Jesus". I mean, it's one thing to put up lights, but some people take it so far as to have cake!

    ReplyDelete
  3. jen - g-ma hinckley used to make a 1-2-3-4 cake each christmas with her holiday dinner. i asked what the cake was for--me being used to cookies, pies, etc.--she said it was baby jesus's birthday cake!! lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. about the cellabration of lights here in shelbyville on sat. nite--on the steps of the court house---they had about 150 kids singing songs.dan and i couldn't hear what they were singing because of all the noise with the large group of people..when the kids started swaying and lifting up their arms i knew it wasn't jingle bells,silent night, or little drummer boy. donna your not in ct anymore!! lol y'all

    ReplyDelete