11/21/2008

How to get a toddler to wear a jacket in the winter...



Well.. it may be a long winter. Or a cold one.. for a certain red headed toddler that I know and love. We've never had trouble with jackets in the past.. last year was a breeze. This year.. we HATE wearing our jacket! I can't blame him.. it is bulky and somewhat irritating. I felt a bit hypocritical last night when I was fighting him to get him into his jacket while mine was bunched up on the floor boards in the car.

Anyway.. I digress..

I've been trying to figure out a way to make wearing a winter jacket a bit more appealing. He doesn't have to like it.. but it would be nice if we could avoid an all out temper tantrum when he just SEES the jacket.

Attempt #1

We are going to pick up a Thomas the Train embroidered patch to sew or iron-on his jacket. It may be wishful thinking.. but maybe, just maybe, this will do the trick. I'll let you all know!

2 comments:

  1. if you think the screaming when he see his coat is bad--wait for the springtime and he screams when you don't put it on!! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. g-ma told me one day after i was pinning amy down on the ground in the back yard to reput the sweater that i knitted back on her - not to bother--if she gets cold she will come to you for it. i didn't want to listen because my way was BEST (laugh) BUT IT WORKED i also enjoyed watching amy do a slow freeze (very rewarding)- she did ask for it YEA!! good luck

    ReplyDelete