1/09/2009

A note from my sister... (a mouse update)

Blog away sister....

I haven't given you a mouse update in a bit.

I hired an exterminator, right. He came by last night. He actually laughed when I said the cat brought a mouse in my room TWICE- I'm thinking - yeah no kidding.

Wait- maybe I should back up. Wednesday- 5am- I hear this crazy meowing and scuffling in the kitchen (oh no oh no oh no)....Oh YES. He brings it in my room- drops it on the floor- it's dazed enough that he grabs it again and goes into the kitchen. I shut my door and listen to national geographic in the hallway.
Thinking ok I am not dealing with this - until I hear Ashley get up (I cannot believe this)...

So fast-forward- he kills it but doesn't destroy it. So- I pick it up and get rid of it.

Ok- so exterminator guy comes last night- sets traps inside and out. Plans on coming back Tuesday to check traps- he found a hole in the hatchway door and plugged it too (I pray that's the only way they are coming in).

Now- it's 11pm or something like that last night- Amy comes home talks to me for a bit then gets ready for bed. Now picture this...I am reading in bed...it's quiet. I hear her downstairs. All of a sudden I hear a yelp and some .....I can't even describe the noise (I am sitting here at my desk LAUGHING at loud as I type- these people think I am nuts) and I hear running- and "ohmygodohmygodohmygod"....

.......Oops- I forgot to tell her the exterminator came. (still laughing)...

She gets IN to my bed....LOL-

"beckthere'samouseinatrapbytherefridgeratoritsagluetrap
ohmygodohmygodit'salivethreefeeton,oneoffohmygodohmygodohmygod."

I am crying I am laughing so hard...the cat is walking around now trying to figure out what's up.

So Amy says to me-the kid's at jay's? yes. ok, I'm sleeping upstairs.

..haha

Fast-forward again. this morning.
She says to me- We have to get rid of the mouse in the trap....and then puts her finger on her nose slowly (GRRR). You know- that hole "nose goes"....someone says this has to be done and then everyone puts their finger on their nose and the last one to do it has to do whatever the thing is...Ok- it's something Amy did once and then the kids got a huge kick out of it and we've been doing it since Christmas.

Whatever gets you through the day right.

Anyway- we go downstairs together- both peering around the fridge. It's there- and it's dead...Well I can get rid of that. So I ask her- because now the cat is with us so I gotta hurry- can you get me a bag? So I am talking about anything to get my mind out of picking this disgusting trap up. and I put it in the bag- BUT the glue catches on the side of the bag- so the trap is teetering on the edge of the bag.

OH NO....so I yell get another bag get another bag. So she goes and gets one and we are laughing. Then...
as she's giving me the bag...

the glue lets go and the trap falls fully into the bag.. We both scream. Yes that's right....If they could have a candid camera in my house- this whole exchange would win awards- I swear it would.

Unbelievable....

one down (well two if you count the one zeke caught)...this guy is worth every penny I am telling you. I have traps set for weeks and weeks- his are set for a couple of hours and wam (well not literally- although I did think I heard a snap or two in the middle of the night- I might be a bit paranoid though...).

2 down...how many can their be (the thought of that terrifies me)....

Maybe I can get rid of the mice just before tick season starts again...

(glass half full, glass half full)....

3 comments:

  1. Just some thoughts from a faithful reader..........

    It's amazing how some people type exactly like they talk.......though makes one wonder how they can type without waving their hands all around the air.....Friday morning laughter...always a good thing....

    And does ANYONE out there know any other person who owns a cat and has mice problems? Only the Beckster.

    Someone/something there isn't doing their job! LOL. (another reasons cats - some more than others - are useless animals!!! HAHAHAA)

    Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is absolutely hilarious!!!!! I can just SEE Bec & Amy dancing around...peering around the frig... oh my gosh! this is sooooo funny. Mice...little tiny energetic creatures...what terrors they bring out in us. I'm afraid if I found a mouse in my house now it would cause a heart attack b/c I cannot move fast enough to get away from them. 'Twould be another funny to share, huh?!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ok- i think what happened is that the mice that we had at 221 north st followed beck, adam, ashley and amy to their house- or their mice are close relatives to the north street gang. a few nights before x-mas one year i heard a rustle in a bag that contained x-mas candy that i had hid in my bedroom. i knew at once that it was a mouse and confirmed it with the lights on seeing those beady eyes looking at me. what do i do but say a few of becks curse jar words and run(not quite) to the cellar to get our cat--who was sleeping soundly and not happy about mouse catching. i dumped her into the pile of bags and boxes-- she sat there looking at me like i was the crazy one(at 2:00a.m. in the morning) then she got the scent and was going all over the room---it didn't make me feel any better--no mouse found--smart little suckers-- we did get a few with regular traps before that-- then we moved to kentucky--so the new folks can deal with them....i haven't seen any kentucky mice yet... i'm waiting to hear them squeek a hi y'all!!! love and i do wish you had gotten the amy-beck-glue trap thingy on tape!! it would have been big on u-tube

    ReplyDelete