4/08/2010

it's April??

Ok.. good lord..

I think the announcement that I've gotten used to being a stay at home mom will be when I figure out how to do things like blog again. When I first started this new phase in life.. I had this grand idea to like.. blog the first 365 days of being home with my son after working for 20 years.

Since I left work... I have blogged twice.

In my defense, life has been all sorts of hectic. I could write for hours, but well.. it's 10pm and tomorrow is racing toward me like an energetic red headed three year old.

I'll sum up:

1. I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE spending more time with Benji.

2. I surprised myself by forgetting to eat for several days because I was so busy with Ben.

3. Shiela mixed things up a week after I gave my notice by getting laid off.

4. Yes.. I said that.

5. We threw all of our options up in the air and decided to take the plunge and do everything in our power to forward our lives in a positive direction.

5a. First step -- move home. I moved to Boston in 2000 and I'll be completely honest in that it was the best thing I've ever done. I never went away to college.. I never really stood on my own. For me... ME.. to pick up and move a few hours away from my bubble of a life that I had created and leave a partner that I had thought I had started a life with and to leave my family who are more important to me than air.. this was HUGE. But I also grew up. Here I am.. ten years later.. and moving home.

5b. Second step -- find a home. We browsed for a bit but have decided to stay in Massachusetts and have found a house in the Springfield area with the idea that in our next "lives", both shiela and I will likely look for work in the Connecticut River Valley (which for those of you who aren't up here.. extends up to vermont).

ok.. i'm tired of numbering my thoughts. We're moving.. both of us are psyched to be less than 30 minutes from Windsor Locks (my hometown) and close to my sister(s), niece, nephew, half of my parents and Benji's great grandmother and great grandfather. I'm also psyched about having a whole house.. walls.. doors.. yard.. the whole shabang..

The other thing that has kept me/us busy over the last few weeks has been the ongoing feud with our downstairs neighbor. I won't go into all of the details, but the final ending to that story is that he's been booted from the apartment and has to be out by the end of this month. I'm relieved for the future occupants of our place.. they won't have to live over loser-boy.

So those are the hot topics... I'll hopefully be back in less than two weeks to provide a more comprehensive and interesting update.

btw.. Sean.. I haven't forgotten to upload your photos... they are sitting safely on my computer and are waiting for Benjamin to let me have a turn on the laptop.

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like everyone has been busy. I was a bit distraught over some of the news, but I TRUST everything will be fine w/everyone. It will be a nice move for you guys and you will enjoy being closer to family...to be that close to you guys is a dream of mine. It's so dang far from Texas!!! I'm longing to see my daughters & grandson. Lots of adjustments here as well. Love you bunches

    ReplyDelete
  2. ugh!!! what a 'welcome to the SAHM world' few weeks it seems to have been. sorry to hear about the job loss, although it sounds like you've got a good attitude about it and are heading in a great direction. once you've got a house i'll come visit....hopefully!!! miss ya!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Life usually happens to the ones who plan things...It's always a slap in the face..but take it from someone who's been slapped around a couple of times..life moves on ..honest..you may think that what's happened to you should stop time..but it won't..not for one second..which is a good thing..the mornings keep coming around which will shed light on your situations in a different way each time.. make the best of what you have.. because no matter what you have each other and Benjamin..and Life is Smiling at you so smile back!! Love you all

    ReplyDelete
  4. I AM STILL WAITING......what's it been a MONTH....lol. It's tough sitting at home watching Blue's Clues and playing Wii.....try to fit an email into your BUSY schedule.

    S

    ReplyDelete