6/16/2008

Strawberries, trains and goats.. oh my!

Ok... this message will be updated either later tonight or sometime tomorrow. I've only got about half of my photos from Saturday's adventures uploaded to flickr.. so I will add some more as soon as I can.

We went to Belkin Family Lookout Farm on Saturday afternoon to enjoy the beautiful day and pick some fresh strawberries.



We had an absolute Blast. Here are some pictures from our time spent in the strawberry fields. It was great fun for both boys.. Jaykin was skeptical at first, but quickly warmed to the event and Benjamin thought that the freedom was worth the minor disagreements that we would have over eating rocks instead of strawberries. I have to say that the strawberries were (and still are) absolutely DELICIOUS. They don't use pesticides or anything harmful at this place, so you can eat the fruit right from the plant. It was interesting because the strawberries were warm with the heat from the sun and so juicy you had to be careful not to splash it on you. We picked two pints but I probably ate another pint (not quite) on the field. Don't worry.. it's allowed. :)













The farm also had a petting zoo that was a HUGE hit. Benjamin loved petting the baby goats and was much braver than I anticipated when he went nose to nose with an adult goat who was interested in his binky. I have lots of pics.. but will have to upload those later.

There's also a picture of the "incident" (i.e. me on a teeter-totter that likely resulted in my back being thrown out..*laff*)

7 comments:

  1. I'm sorry we missed this! Looks like lots of fun.

    Looking forward to the teeter-totter pic . . .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can Benjamin BE any cuter? ACK! MY GOD. I just want to eat him up with a spoon (and some strawberries on the side!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. yummy! god Ben got big.....so cute!

    we're going next week since our berries aren't ripe yet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi guys
    looks like you all are having a great time! can't wait to get up to see ya'll.love to all

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, how could I not mention how cute Ben is? He's just adorable!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, fun! We're (hopefully) doing that this weekend. I love strawberries, and I love strawberry picking. Delicious! We were too busy this past weekend taking the boys to set off alarms at an art museum. That, perhaps, is a topic for a post of my own... :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. ... the teeter totter pic....I have a mental pic in my head...LOL

    get the pics of Benny trying a somersault on the wii fit too... now that was adorable!!

    ReplyDelete