6/05/2008

Batter up!

I have to say.. this week has been a challenge. I can't exactly pinpoint what my "problem" has been.. but it really hasn't been pretty, or enjoyable from my standpoint. I'm very rarely too sad to be stressed.. but I found myself in that position yesterday. My guess is that it's a combination of a lot of things that I've got rattling around in my head. Hell.. I can get stressed out about change in OTHER PEOPLES LIVES. What the heck... I mean it's one thing to get stressed when *I* have to move.. but why am I stressing about other people moving? I guess it's the change. Who knows.

This is also shiela's mom's last week here before heading back to TX on saturday. I have a whole new respect for what living a great distance from your family can feel like. I'm ashamed to say that I underestimated how much it can hurt to say goodbye or even to say hello after a chunk of time has passed. I feel badly that time is limited and that "jaaym" will only have two more evenings with her grandson. I feel badly because it reminds me that my mom hasn't seen Ben in about a month and to me, it feels like he has grown SO much in that time. There are so many things that I want to share.. and that I try to, by telephone and email and blogging.. but it's not the same.

I have a rule about no blogging about work issues and I'll keep with that. But let's just say that I had my review this week and while it went fine, I think it triggered what will be some big changes at least for the short term. I'm not sure how things will pan out or when, but it's positive if I make double-dog damned sure that I keep my mindset positive.

In other news.. i'm heading out to play my first softball game in.. um.. 22 years...

No comments:

Post a Comment